Friday, September 04, 2009

Job interview

I had an interview for an ER registration pool position at my chosen hospital yesterday, and I feel very good about the interview.  I was there for 1.5 hours and was given a tour of the ER toward the end of the interview.  I really liked the manager who interviewed me, and there was also a supervisor who sat in on the interview but didn't say much.  At one point I asked the supervisor if she had any questions for me, but she said no she was just a listener.  We turned out to have many mutual acquaintances among my former co-workers who now work at this hospital.  A couple of them in PFS and others in nursing, with one of my previous managers running the OB department.  So there are plenty of references if this interviewer wants to check up on my work ethic.  I am not worried about that part of my presentation at all. She even told me about the pay scale and the on-call pay and how the assignment of shifts for pool people works, and showed me people wearing the new uniform.  I was savvy enough, thanks to my instructor at school NOT to ask about any of that, so the information was volunteered.  She told me about the changes that have happened since I last worked in the ER.
I have to wait a week for her decision and fully expect to have a lot of trouble sleeping until then.  I know I barely slept at all last night.  Luckily I have the day off from PetSmart today.
Love,
AJ
 

No comments: