Wednesday, June 03, 2009

May-December

I just finished watching a DVD called "Elegy" that I got from the Goodyear Library.  Its about an older professor that falls in love with a student.  One of the oldest stories in the book, right?  But this one was much better than most I've seen.  It also got me to thinking, about things in general.  My marriage, I mean.
Why does my DH refuse to see movies about this subject?  I suspect because they hit entirely too close to home at this point in his life.  He has always spent time with other women besides me, but the last two women ( the previous one  Pat, and the present one Diana) have been a LOT younger than him.  I mean, I'm 7 years younger than him, and Pat is at least that much younger than me, and Diana is young enough to be MY daughter, much less his daughter.  Are these fatherly relationships, as he says they are?  I guess I'll never know for sure.  And if they are not, the truth would make me even more unhappy with the situation than I am now. So I guess I hope I never find out.

No comments: