Saturday, April 15, 2006

Highland Triangle in progress

I am still working on the edging, and probably will be for a while, but couldn't resist finally posting a photo. I know I have been promising one for weeks. This quilt is made from every color of red worsted wool from my stash, plus a couple of new ones as I say how much I was actually going to need. One is Araucana Nature Wool, a couple are Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, and the edging is Paton's Classic Merino. Oh, and the part with white flecks are my crockpot Kool-Aid dyed Fisherman's Wool in Tropical Punch.
Anyway, I was planning to start one in laceweight next, but last night at the Quilt-In, I discovered a wonderful hand-dyed New Zealand wool hand painted by Jan Gilray. I'm afraid I just have to start the next one with this Kaleidoscope color for spring, as it is yellow, purple, blue, pink and is so gorgeous I just want to lie down and roll on it. I haven't decided yet which shawl, maybe the Stora Dimun or Lacy Prairie SHawl. Any suggestions? I am partial to the triangles but open to persuasion. I think I am seriously hooked on this lace knitting. I have even started a couple of different lace patterned socks.
AJ Posted by Picasa

No comments: