Saturday, February 13, 2010

What am I working on now?


The top photo is of the wall hanging I started in the class with Suzanne Marshall at Quilting in the Desert. I am now officially obsessed with hand applique.
The photos with the black backgrounds are from a machine applique class I took from Sue Nichols at Quilting in the Desert a couple of years ago. It has been a UFO since then, but now I have pulled it out and will finish with mostly hand applique. The original pattern was 9 blocks, but I wanted it rectangular instead of square. So I have 5 more blocks to do. Yay, because I am doing them in a small blanket stitch and I can do that when watching DVDs. The needleturn of the top wall hanging (which still has the outer blue border to be done) requires very good light.
The very bottom picture is one block of a 4-block machine qpplique that I am doing as a series quilt in Quilters Newsletter. I am using a small satin stitch around the appliques. So on the rare occasions I get to work on a machine, I work on it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: