Friday, January 22, 2010

Assisted living time

It looks like we are going to have to find a way to move my MIL into an assisted living facility. Since she broke her wrist last week, my DH has been staying with her and he has been observing her life and habits, and is also going over her finances. She has managed to lose a lot of the $ that were there when my FIL died, even over and above what we all lost when the stock market nose-dived. DH is seriously worried about letting her even continue to write checks, as she seems to have lost the ability to understand what happens when she does it. He has called upon his brother to come down and stay with her this weekend sohe can come home and regroup, and they will have to have a council to decide what to do. I am so glad I am working and will be unable to attend that one. Several W.....s in the same room, arguing, are the stuff of nightmares. I believe that their dead sister's husband will be there too, as he has actually been the most attentive child in recent years and was the one she called when she fell and broke her wrist.

No comments: