Saturday, March 23, 2024

Ruminating

Things have been pretty weird lately. i have had to help admit my cousin, younger than me, to a care center. she usually doesnt seem to be any crazier than usual, but other times seems to be fairly demented. anyway, her daughter and the ER doc dont think she can live alone any longer. the only thing that stops me from fighting things harder is that she seems to be happier to have the attention and to be taken care of. she caught Influenza A early on and naturally I caught it too. all that hugging and comforting, you know. it has been days but i still am spiking fevers ever day so am self-quarantining. It is disgusting, as i have had to cancel several occasions that i had determined myself to attend. Oh well. The worst thing about old age is that no one really wants to hear your stories. i have always been careful to keep my stories very short and action-filled when the audience is young, since their attention spans are so very short. But when the audience was closer to my age, i felt free to add more details. But now it seems that no one, old or young, is interested. oh well, i guess that is what you get when you dont have kids of your own.

No comments: