Saturday, October 17, 2009

Still sick

The occ health doctor listened to my lungs and refused to let me go back to work.  He was actually very rude about it; said my lungs were full of junk and to go see my doctor.  Since it was nearly 5 PM on a Friday, I asked if he could write me a prescription himself, but he said no, to go to Urgent Care if I couldn't go to my own doctor.  One of those people who has never heard of anyone NOT having health insurance to pay the bills with, I guess.
In retrospective, I realize that he was just tired, overworked, and afraid of catching something from me, probably, but he is the first person I have encountered working for my new employer that has been anything but nice.
I was lucky.  I did drive straight to my doctor's office and he agreed to see me right then.  I was the very last person in the door.  My own doctor also said my lungs are terrible, but he gave me a week's supply of a very pricey antibiotic and a script for a cheap steroid to get me started healing.  So at least I didn't have to go another 2 or 3 days before getting on the road to health again.
My boss did say on the phone that another one of us has been out for 3 weeks already.  I hope to be back at work by the middle of next week.

No comments: