Saturday, September 01, 2018

Tonight's Tantrum

They are all different but they are all the same.
Tonight he is evidently embarrassed about getting out a pork roast to thaw this morning instead of 2 pork chops. I discovered it when l took out the bag to come to room temperature And I was going to season the chops while they sat.
Sooo, I just pointed out that the roast could be sliced horizontally and grilled like boneless chops. Big deal, right?

I guess it must be a big deal because the verbal abuse raining down on my head was truly impressive, especially with no more ammunition than provided. Screaming about how I am turning the screws and how I am evil and how I devote myself to ruining his life, etc. All this without any input from me whatsoever.
Oh, and how I always wait until he turns on the news before i try to start cooking supper. This alternates with how I can't seem to put supper on the
table in any kind of timely manner because i refuse to start when he is listening to the news.
I have mostly learned to just present a calm facade. Any reply at all will be fuel for additional attacks.
Ends as always with how I can just get in my truck and go to a motel. Course, experience has proven that does no good at all. The attacks will be even worse when I eventually make my way back. And why should I anyway? I haven't done anything wrong, haven't even fought back, haven't tried to justify or deny or anything whatsoever. Does it help?
The more research I do about narcissistic abuse the more I realize that ALL I can do is present a stoneface.

No comments: