Thursday, May 21, 2009

Guess I'm going to live

Day before yesterday, on my third day off in a row, Igot so nauseous and nervy and jangly I felt like I was having a low-level anxiety attack, or, if in 1972, was in the 2nd day of doing speed with no sleep. It was awful, and stayed that way.
So yesterday, instead of going to work, I was on my doctor's office doorstep at 8 AM wanting to find out what was wrong with me. The doctor I saw wasn't my regular, but he seemed competent. Except that he didn't have the faintest idea what was wrong with me. From looking at my file, he wanted it to have something to do with Crohn's Disease, but I don't think so.
You know, he didn't even listen to my heart. ANd wasn't interested in any kind of lab work, blood or urine. This bothers me. Are my standards artificially high? It seems like something was called for rather than a script for nausea and to be told to come back or go to the ER if I start to vomit.
Anyway, I have been taking the meds, and I have been drinking a lot (he also said I was dehydrated) and I feel much better, except for headaches which go with the cloudy weather.
So I'll be going back to work in the morning. I hope my bosses understand sickness, but I do have a doctor's excuse to give them for my file anyway.

No comments: